GDPR Policy Center
Last updated: December 2018
This notice regarding Personal Data (“data”) is between Playbook UX Inc and members of the European Economic Area (“you” or “your”) and the ways in which we process, handle and utilize your data.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), acts to strengthen data protection for all individuals in the European Union (EU), and extends this data protection to cover all foreign companies who consume and process data of EU residents. The regulation intends to provide its citizens with transparency into how their information is acquired, processed and used, as well as increasing data access.
Playbook’s Commitment to Privacy and Protection
At Playbook, we are committed to supporting the best possible user experience for both Customers and Testers. In order to find the best possible match between research studies and Testers, Playbook collects demographic data, such as data of birth, ethnicity, household income and more, on participants through LinkedIn and through a series of questions asked upon sign up. We ask for consent to access the LinkedIn data at sign up.
You have the right to:
- Request access to, correct or erase your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Restrict processing of your personal
- Request, for yourself or a controller, a copy of your personal data in a machine readable format
Please contact email@example.com to perform these tasks.
We allow Testers to access those data points by signing into the Tester platform. You may correct inaccuracies and unsubscribe from communications in the Tester platform. Some of our services may not be available to you if you choose to unsubscribe.
We collect Customer names, company, email address, and phone numbers. Customers may correct inaccuracies and unsubscribe from communications on the account settings page of the Customer platform.
Testers can choose to opt-in to receive studies when signing up on the Tester platform.
Personal Data Storage
We store your data in the following places
Amazon web services: Hosting platform for Playbook data
Google Analytics: Website analytics tracking
Amplitude: Playbook platform event tracking
Hubspot: CRM system for current and prospective customers and testers
Tester Data Collection
Before research sessions, we may asked users to complete a short survey to qualify for a research session.
During research sessions, playbook will record the Tester’s:
- Device Screen
- Answers to single, multi select and / or short answer questions
The videos will be used for research purposes only. Customers will be able to view the videos and tester demographics in the Playbook platform. We do not share your data with third party APIs.
General Website Information Collection
- Playbook may collect usage information called cookies or beacons. A cookie is a small piece of data from a website that is stored on the users computer in order to personalize your website experience. Please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/ to understand more about cookies and how to disable them.
- We will use analytics tools, such as Amplitude and Google Analytics to evaluate your visit. We collect other data and interactions with our site, but not limited to click streams, page entrance, page exits, browser type, domain names, access time, referring website access, computer type, operating system, when you are on our Platform. This information is used for operation of service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of our Platform.
- We may collect your name, company, email and other information when signing up for our Blog or newsletter. We will not sell or distribute your email for any other use than to send you information pertaining to our services.
We do not knowingly and will not knowingly collect data and information from anyone under the age of 18. We have data validation in place to ensure that the Tester’s age is 18 years or older. Testers under the age of 18 should not provide us with any information. If we learn that a Tester under the age of 18 is enrolled in our Platform, we will immediately remove data collected from that Tester.
In order to opt out of any services related to our platform, you do so by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or signing into the Tester platform and selecting Account Settings.
- Inaccuracies. You have the right to access, adjust and remove inaccuracies in your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time by visiting the account settings page of your account.
- Emails, Blog & Services. You may also opt-out of any of our services at any point. Our services and platform may be unavailable to you if you decide to opt out.
- Platform Notifications. We will send you emails and text messages related to screener questions, study matches, reminders of scheduled sessions and more. You may opt out of notifications at any point.
- Cookies. Some browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, however you reserve the right to disable them. Clients, Testers and Visitors can set their browser to notify them when a cookie is received, giving you the option to accept or reject it. Please note that some services may not be available, and may not function properly to you if you do not accept cookies.
- Information Disposal. You may request that we remove all of your Personal Information in an immediate manner.
When Testers and Customers opt-out, or holding Personal Information is no longer necessary for our business operations, we will dispose of their Personal Information immediately.
How we Protect Your Information
Please understand that we cannot completely guarantee any information submitted over the internet is secure. Data is transmitted at the sender’s risk. We will take commercially reasonable steps safeguard and ensure data is protected through authentication, SSL and encryption. If you have any security concerns, please contact email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 24 hours.
When requested, we will dispose of data in a commercially reasonable manner.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Playbook will not share data with third parties without your consent, unless if required by law, regulation or legal matters necessary to law enforcement and national security.
If we change the way we process personal data in any way, we will contact you regarding the change in writing.
For any questions or requests, Testers and Customers can email: firstname.lastname@example.org